Aug. 21, 2017
The Home Buying Process
The home buying process can be very scary and stressful if you do not understand the steps in the process. In this blog I will break down the process for you, so that from the beginning to closing on your new home you will feel more informed and understand home buying.
1st Step: Meet with a REALTOR®. Your REALTOR® will discuss with you in regards to what you are looking for expectations, style of home, location and budget.
2nd Step: You need to get Pre-Qualified with a reputable lender. Pre-Qualification is a must in this market, as home sellers are requiring to see a Pre-Qualification Letter with all offers, and in some cases are requiring the buyer to be Pre-Qualified to view their home. Your REALTOR® will be able to connect you with a Lender that can help you with this pre-qualification. You can expect to need the following items to get pre-qualified;
- Last 30 days of Paystubs
- 2 years previous Tax Returns
- 3 months of bank statements
3rd Step: Let the fun begin! Now that you have been Pre-Qualified and we know what sales price you are approved for we can start looking at HOMES!!
4th Step: You have found your DREAM Home and it is in the PERFECT location! Let's make an offer! Your agent will prepare the offer for you based on the terms that best meet your needs. This will include the following:
- Sales Price you are willing to pay.
- Down Payment Amount.
- How much Earnest Money you will take to the title company to start the title work (normally 1% of the sales price).
- Who will pay for the buyers title policy.
- Will there be a Home Warranty.
- Will the Seller pay anything towards closing cost (depends on the market, and the other interest in the property) your agent should have knowledge of the market to give you advise.
- Option Money; how much option money are you willing to pay the Seller to allow you to have the Home Inspected.
- Terms of Closing, what day will you close and when you will get possession of your new home.
5th Step: Negotiate the contract between all parties, if the offer has been countered.
6th Step: Escrow, the Seller and the Buyer have agreed to the price and terms of the purchase of the property, and the title company will hold the property in Escrow during the terms of closing. This is normally 30-45 days from the date of the contract, to ensure the title commitment and lending approval can be done.
7th Step: Final Details; Perform diligence, inspect the property by a licensed inspector, order the survey if one has not been provided to the title company, and review terms with lender and get lender approval for a Clear to Close.
8th Step: CLOSING DAY!! You have made it through the home buying process and all of the hard work has paid off, you will go to the title company with your REALTOR® and close and fund on your new home. Based on the contract you could get possession of your home that day or if you have a Seller Lease Back may have to wait a few days to get your keys to your new home.
The CGH Team with Premier Legacy Real Estate, LLC works hard to ensure that all of our Home Buyers are educated with the home buying process and changes that have taken place in the Real Estate industry whether it is your 1st time to buy a home or your an experienced home owner. Call Us today and see how we can make the home buying process easier for you!